Indiana University Health Technician-Sterile Processing I in Indianapolis, Indiana
Cleans, wraps, sterilizes, stores and distributes equipment, supplies and instruments used in patient care.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Requires completion of coursework towards certification within 2 years of hire date. Completed certification is not required.
• Requires 12 CE credits annually that focus on information and advancement related to the CS field and be of a technical nature.
• Requires successful completion of orientation specific to SPD.
• Requires basic computer skills.
• Some experience in basic aseptic techniques, medical terminology or a healthcare environment is preferred.