Continental Electrical Engineering Group Leader for Vitesco Technologies (Iasi) in Iasi, Romania
Electrical Engineering Group Leader for Vitesco Technologies (Iasi)
The future of Electrification Technology is mainly dependent on three elements.
The Battery with its management system, to store and provide the needed energy for the car, the electric motor that will use the energy to create motion, and very important, the Power Electronics that will make the energy transfer from the battery to the motor and to the other devices in the car possible.
In order to become a supplier of choice for Power Electronics products, Vitesco Technologies focuses on the latest available technologies for its electronics in order to optimize the efficiency of the energy transfer, the costs and the delivered power.
As a leader of our Electrical Engineering application group, you will be involved in building the future of those new innovative products that not only make driving more affordable and environmentally sound, but also work towards our department vision: Zero-Emission Mobility.
In Vitesco Technology Iasi location, Electrical Engineers are passionate about Automotive and they develop hardware components in interdisciplinary project teams at international level. They organize themselves in Agile teams and strive to deliver high quality hardware that will be integrated in innovative products that could end up in tomorrow’s cars.
We are looking for a leader able to coordinate the professional activities of his/ her teams, in line with the Business Unit strategy and expectations, quality standards, process requirements and the defined timeline.
As a Group Leader of the Electrical Engineering application department it is expected that you:
manage the Electrical Design teams by providing a strategic technical direction and by helping to ensure that the projects are completed on time and on budget;
assure interface of the teams towards next levels of management in the organization, communicate with business partners and homologues from other locations on a regular basis;
collaborate with other Vitesco engineering groups to ensure synchronization and a common approach in development. Build sustainable business relationships within and outside the group/ location in order to enhance/ promote group competences;
support the Team Leaders that are responsible for evaluating the performance of the employees, discuss roadmaps and plan actions if necessary. Mentor and coach your direct reporting managers on the topics of people development and performance management
support the hiring and overall growth of the group in terms of number of people and very important in competences and capabilities;
support the procurement of technical equipment needed to complete the tasks for his/ her group, in line with estimations and budget limits;
regularly check the status of the projects within the group and propose/ supervise the definition of corrective actions if the project is endangered. Involve yourself and take appropriate measures in case of escalations related to projects;
translate the business strategy into group roadmaps, implement the defined roadmaps and inform stakeholders about the progress.
• University degree in a relevant field (Automatic Control and Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunication, Electrical Engineering, etc.);
• Knowledge of electronics and embedded applications;
• Knowledge of analogue and digital circuit design;
• Full Professional Proficiency in English;
• Previous work experience in a relevant field (minimum 7 years);
• Minimum 2 years of International exposure (working in international team/projects);
• Prior experience in a technical leadership position (as an expert or project manager);
• Good coordination skills and organizing abilities;
• Knowledge of project management principles;
• Knowledge of electrical engineering development processes and quality techniques;
• Good communication and presentation skills;
• Initiative, dedication, attention to details.
What we offer:
• Integration program with trainings and ramp-up plan supported by an assigned mentor;
• Competitive salaries (based on performance) & benefits
Professional Development Opportunities with both technical and management career paths;
• Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
• Flexible working program;
• International work environment & traveling opportunities;
• Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.