Salient CRGT Senior Systems Administration and Maintenance Technician in Hurlburt Field, Florida
Are you looking for a new and exciting career opportunity?
Join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented minds within our Enterprise Technology and Innovation teams. As a Salient CRGT employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation’s most critical missions. At Salient CRGT, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important. That is why we offer competitive compensation and a diverse benefits package. Clickhere (https://www.salientcrgt.com/culture/benefits/) to learn more about our extensive benefits program.
Why Salient CRGT?
We’re passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation. We provide the tools and resources to help you be successful, and our culture fosters an environment in which idea sharing and collaboration is essential. Are you ready to make a difference?
The ideal candidate will be responsible foroverseeing and installing new software releases and system upgrades; evaluating and installing patches; resolving software related problems. Performing system backups, recovery, and assist in the planning/implementation of a Continuity of Operations (COOP) plan. Maintaining data files and monitoring system configurations to ensure data integrity. Performing management and maintenance of complex computing environment of mid-sized to large organizations. Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Planning, installing, operating, backing up, data recovery, and maintaining a variety of operating systems such as, but not limited to, various Microsoft ® products, UNIX variants, and Linux variants and the configuration, administration, OS hardening, system maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Identifying, installing and maintaining system hardware. Abilities will include how to install, implement, operate, and maintain various virtualization environment platforms (e.g., VMware, VMWorkstation, VMPlayer, Xen, VirtualBox).
• Installing, configuring, networking, operating and maintaining various virtualized environments components (e.g., VMWare, vSphere, vCloud, vCenter, ESXi, virtual machines, virtual switches, hypervisors).
• Work in conjunction with the host base and squadron Information Protection Officer to identify and mitigate OS and software security vulnerabilities on all servers, workstations, and network devices, unless security vulnerabilities are required to complete training tasks on student mission training systems.
• Performing vulnerability scans using DoD approved scanners (e.g. ACAS, Retina, Gold disk). Work with Information Protection Officer to mitigate all vulnerabilities on multiple networks. Update and maintain POA&M (Plan of Action and Milestones)
• Evaluation and installation of new software releases, patches, and system upgrades.
• Maintain and operate mission specific software applications and various other Intel applications.
• Individual must have strong research and troubleshooting skills to resolve a wide array of issues from the physical layer to the application and presentation layers for multiple networks.
• Experience with project/configuration management tools to create and maintain Gantt charts, network diagrams, server and rack evaluations, and system matrixes.
• Setup and maintain SAN (Storage Area Network)
• Write, maintain, and follow Standard operating Procedures (SOP's) for multiple networks. All infrastructure and/or hardware maintenance actions shall be accomplished lAW appropriate AF Standards, Air Force Technical Order (T.O.) 00-33A-l 00 I General Communications Activities Management Procedures And Practice Requirements, and other guidance to include 39 lOS SOPs.
Bachelor's with 5 - 8 years (or commensurate experience)
Cyber certification commensurate with DoDl 8570.1 lAT Level II
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Connect With Us!
Job Location(s) US-FL-Hurlburt Field
Job ID 2021-12648
LCAT Network/Systems Engineer 3
Work Status Full-Time Regular