Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering Manager in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies. Are you ready to design what's coming next? Be part of a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a dynamic, hardworking Systems Integration Product Team Leader to support a new Hypersonics weapons program. As such, you will:
• Lead the Program's Systems Integration efforts to include technical direction, planning, and staffing
• Manage system integration resources for the program, and provide programmatic and proposal support
• Provide oversight and support to critical program area Engineering skill development
• Utilize your background and functional leadership experience to help deliver on this critical program
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Knowledge and application of Systems Engineering processes and Systems Integration functions including one or more of the following:
a) System trade studies and/or System modeling
b) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
d) Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
e) Design reviews
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Air & Missile Defense, Strike Weapon, or other large scale weapon system Leadership
• Weapon System Integration experience as well as Experience with CM processes, and ERB/CCB/FRB processes
• Secret Security clearance
• Experience with design, development, integration, test, with broad based and in-depth knowledge of space, missile and/or launch systems at the component through system level
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware/software products throughout the full lifecycle of the program to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• Demonstrated ability to get results from teams without direct authority
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, and customers
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Earned Value Management (EVM) and demonstrated business insight
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.