Sherwin-Williams SWDS Area Manager in HOUSTON, Texas
SWDS Area Manager - ( 21000PX1 )
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
• Using strong management, leadership, and development skills, establish a culture of best-in-class service withing all levels of the Sherwin-Williams Delivery service in the Area.
• Team building/coaching, develop skills, provide training and coaching, give feedback to Supervisors, and provide disciplinary action as needed
• Support and monitor the Sherwin-Williams Delivery Service Supervisor team in the designated area/region to ensure Company standards/procedures are met, including financial targets. Monitor results of each SWDS Driver Supervisor and provide feedback and coaching as needed. Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in activities and procedures
• Align and partner with the Vice President of Sales and work closely with District Leadership to support and achieve sales and financial results in the Area
• Area level management of all deliveries (customer and inter-store transfers) to ensure performance meets expectations. This includes deliveries completed by both Sherwin Williams Drivers and Third-Party Couriers. Oversee escalated delivery related issues, which may include interfacing with customers and/or other internal SW departments
• Manage all aspects of the asset management associated with transportation services for the Sherwin-Williams Delivery Service in the Area including trucks, telematics devices, mobile devices, and any other ancillary equipment.
• Continuously identify opportunities to improve the delivery experience for our stores, drivers and customers while also creating opportunities for efficiency improvements directly or indirectly related to transportation in the stores, at customer delivery locations and on the trucks.
• Monitor operational scorecards, financials and safety metrics and identify recommendations for improvement or address any potential issues. Report on daily/weekly/monthly key performance indicators and provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis which will drive improvement to KPI’s.
• Ensure adherence to all accident prevention programs and lead operations to ensure compliance with all DOT, OSHA, safety, environmental, operating, and regulatory standards and requirements.
• Conduct frequent visits withing the Area to monitor effectiveness of transportation services by interacting and building relationships with field leadership, Store management, drivers, external customers, and internal support groups/departments to facilitate rapid responses to new and changing operational situations in transportation, and to ensure that planned changes will have the desired impact and are accepted by the field and customers.
• Collaborate with the Division Director of Transportation to achieve financial objectives by supporting adherence to and monthly reviews of an annual budget
• Other duties and/or ad-hoc projects and initiatives as assigned.
Legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future
5 years of applicable experience in management, transportation/logistics, customer support
Extensive Microsoft Office Suite capabilities
Extensive data analysis, interpretation and presentation systems
Use of other office systems such as e-mail, calendar, and other ancillary functions
High School Diploma or equivalent
Direct experience in transportation/logistics and/or final mile delivery services
Six-Sigma Certification as a Green Belt or Black Belt
Lean Operations and Transactional Lean training
Large system implementation
Knowledge and experience using Transportation Management Software such as: Descartes Route Planner and MobileLink, GeoTab, Glympse
Bachelor Degree or MBA
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Misc. Pertinent Information:
> 100,000 deliveries on the Sherwin-Williams Delivery Service annually
> 250 stores supported
Primary Location : United States-Texas-HOUSTON
Work Locations :
USA TX Houston District Office
8850 Jameel Road Suite 150
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting : Nov 24, 2021
Schedule : Full-time
Respond By : Dec 1, 2021
Req ID: 21000PX1