NextEra Energy Summer College Intern - Gexa Mass Markets (Analytics) in Houston, Texas
Summer College Intern - Gexa Mass Markets (Analytics)
Date:Sep 9, 2020
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77070
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 45960
/NextEra Energy Services is one of the fastest-growing retail energy providers, delivering innovative energy solutions with affordable electricity plans, including 100 percent renewable energy plans to more than 1.1 million residential and business customers throughout North America.
Position Specific Description Gexa Energy is one of the fastest growing retail electric providers in the United States. We’re focused on Marketing 100% Green Electricity. We are proud to be a wholly-owned subsidiary of NextEra Energy Resources, one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power in the U.S. and an industry leader through its focus on clean and renewable energy.
This internship position within the Gexa Energy Mass Markets Business Unit will focus on advanced analytics. The candidate will have exposure to a wide variety of business functions including Marketing, Operations, Customer Care, Pricing, and Product Development. The internship will focus on providing analytical support to one or more key business functions.
Potential Opportunities Include:
· Digital Analytics – Using Google analytics and other tools to better understand customer interaction with Gexaenergy.com for both sales and service performance improvement. Working with business unit leaders to translate insights into improvements in user experience, self-service performance and conversion rate optimization
· Advanced Analytics & Data Science – Leveraging advanced analytics including but not limited to AI and machine learnings to better understand and predict consumer behavior including pricing elasticity, probability to churn and financial forecasting
· Customer & Operations Analytics – Performing data analysis to optimize credit policy, operational performance, or call center processes
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student in a bachelor’s degree program in decision and information sciences, applied mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, computer science, or a related field
- SQL coding skills
- Familiarity with regression analysis
- Ability to analyze large sets of data and draw actionable conclusions
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven self-starter—high enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, along with proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Advanced coursework in statistics, computer science, or digital analytics is required
- Experience with SASS, SQL, or similar is a strong plus
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale). Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Intern Organization: Gexa Energy LP Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Florida; Texas Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.