Robert Half International Staff Accountant II in Houston, Texas
A services company located in the Galleria area is looking for a Staff Accountant II.
· Perform the monthly close and review of monthly financial statements and analysis
· Prepare journal entries to upload data which records sales, commissions, trust and cash as well as make adjustments to ensure the financials reflect proper reporting.
· Request information on unusual and missing activity in general ledger accounts.
· Review balance sheet account reconciliations, identify proposed adjustments, processing errors, and partner with other departments to get them resolved. Identify necessary process improvements and work to get them implemented.
· Partner with individual businesses and provide support by answering questions (i.e.: processing of contracts and inventory and completing inventory reconciliations.)
Ideal candidate will have a degree in Accounting, CPA preferred, and 3+ years of general ledger accounting experience through month end close. Intermediate Excel and experience with an ERP system is required.
Compensation is up to 70K
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf
Requirements - Excellent analytical, quantitative and social skills
Month end closings experience
General ledger experience desired
Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
Proficient in ERP systems
3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
Detailed and have the ability work independently
Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
Spreadsheet and database capabilities
Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.