JPMorgan Chase Site Reliability Engineer in Houston, Texas
• Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
• Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
• Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
• Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
• Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
• Coach or manage teams as applicable
• Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
• Design, implement and support a telemetry strategy across multiple platforms
• Ability to work within boundaries set by a wider org, whilst also challenging constructively external constraints.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
• Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
• Hands on experience on managing operations of large-scale internet-centric production environments for application or infrastructure services serving tens to millions of end users.
• Hands-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Fluentd, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc
• Hands on experience with public cloud in production environments
• Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
• Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
• Deep understanding of SRE philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation.
• Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firmJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans