Occidental Petroleum Payroll Specialist in Houston, Texas
Title: Payroll Specialist Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Payroll Specialist within our Payroll Operations based in Houston, TX.
This position will be responsible for all Payroll activities.
- Responsible for the processing biweekly and semimonthly payrolls for 1200 to 2,000 employees located in various states. Payroll processing includes uploading Time and Labor as well as pay adjustments, special payments and several employee initiated changes such as payroll deductions, tax changes or direct deposit options.
- Review, balance, and distribute payroll checks and reports.
- Calculate and prepare manual checks.
- Garnishment/Tax Levy Set-ups
- Provide assistance to Human Resources and employees for payroll related questions.
- Special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years corporate payroll process experience
- General knowledge of payroll principles including overtime and tax withholding calculations.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Overtime when needed.
- Good problem solving and mathematical skills.
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and listening.
- Handle strict daily deadlines and be able to prioritize work.
- Work independently and work well as a team player.
- PeopleSoft 9.1 or greater system knowledge
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status