Chevron Corporation Chevron Technology Venture’s Communications Advisor, Corporate Affairs in Houston, Texas
This position has responsibility for the management of Chevron Technology Venture’s (CTV) communications. It requires superior skill and expertise in all aspects of communications and public affairs, project management and media relations. This position requires extensive experience in message and program development, advanced writing/editing skills and a proven ability to coordinate programs. It also requires working effectively with internal and external stakeholders on a wide range of technical, commercial, business and planning areas.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Develops and executes an integrated CTV communications plan to inform and engage stakeholders about key organization strategies, priorities and results; supports critical business issues and key initiatives, as required
• Develops and implements executive communications to support the CTV President and CTV leadership team (as appropriate); this may include town hall/event coordination, key message development and executive talking points, presentation development and webcast/video development
• Guides and supports CTV portfolio companies’ PR initiatives as appropriate
• Supports CTV's efforts to build/foster external relationships across the energy innovation ecosystem
• Plans and manages conferences and other events
• Coordinates external communications materials, including website content, external speeches and media interviews
• Maintains the CTV intranet site and external web content
• Provides crisis/incident management communications support, as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications or similar degree plan is required.
• A minimum of 8 years of directly related experience is required.
• Requires in-depth expertise in varying communications functions including internal, external, media and crisis communications.
• Possessing excellent English-language communications skills in a wide variety of mediums is critical.
• Demonstrated experience and exemplary ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written, verbal and visual formats are essential.
• Must have demonstrated experience with a broad variety of digital communications delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and ability to build consensus and work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary environments; interact effectively with management, peers, partners, government officials and suppliers.
• Demonstrated ability to build plans necessary for successful deliverable execution.
• Ability to identify and manage critical interdependencies and proactively resolve issues.
• Ability to manage third-party resources or vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives, goals and strategies into communications strategies, plans and tactics.
• Ability to work with executives to establish effective communications strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully implement and deliver communications strategies and plans.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Through its subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, the company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemicals and additives; generates power; and develops and deploys technologies that enhance business value in every aspect of the company's operations. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.