AMETEK, Inc. Product Manager - Level Products in Horsham, Pennsylvania
Product Manager - Level Products
Job ID: 18378
Functional Area: Sales
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Horsham
Division: PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 25.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
Responsible for the strategies and plans to drive continued growth for the Level Product lines, predominantly Capacitance and Magneto strictive. Provide technical product support and sales plan development of new and on-going business with the Sales Director and Territory Managers. Coordinate marketing activities with Marcom to support strategies while implementing a balanced portfolio management of products.
Create sales forecasts and drive to achieve goals of sales plans.
• Make technical and sales visits to technical groups at various customers, potential customers, trade shows and other organizations.
• Communicate regularly with customers and representatives on all levels in a multitude of organizations.
• Support the sales organization on larger opportunities to optimize win rate and profitability.
• Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
• Deliver a monthly revenue forecast through work with channel and historical data.
• Monitor and supports quality and improvement projects.
• Will be part of budget and strategy elaboration.
• The further integration and optimization of the level business with our newly acquired company Magnetrol will be an important aspect of the Product Management role, hereunder go-to market strategy, channel optimization and product rationalization/optimization.
Manage marketing function for product line.
• Define the product strategy and roadmap for Level products, predominantly Capacitive and Magnetostrictive portfolio
• Provide input and participate in the marketing, market planning, and technical development of products and services.
• Review and revise market strategies & goals for each product.
• Maintain an understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets. Follow and track competition.
• Develop core positioning and messaging for the product(s) in the line.
• Maintain and support sales related tools with the Sales Organization. Including, but not limited to: SalesForce, Configure Price Quote and Learning Management Systems.
• Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
Partner with internal departments in new product development efforts
• Gather information from potential customers and initiates development of products that meet customer needs. Deliver new products with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
• Interface with operations and engineering personnel on the status of products and production planning issues.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibility may include interview, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field.
• Three to five years related experience in Marketing, Sales or Product Line Management
• Experience in Level Products required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.