Queen's Health Systems Transporter - (Call In, Rotator) in Honolulu, Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the safe transfer and transport of patients and things from one area of the hospital to another, to support transport needs to and from buildings related to the Medical Center.
• May be required to transport materials, equipment, etc. outside of the Medical Center.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: standing, walking, stooping/bending, squatting, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, writing, and reading English, lifting up to maximum 50 pounds, pushing/pulling up to maximum 50 pounds of force; carrying up to 40 pounds for a distance of 10 feet, reaching above/at/below shoulder level, repetitive arm/hand motions.
• Frequent: gripping of an object.
• Occasional: climbing stairs.
• May operate and/or utilize gurneys, wheelchairs, mechanical lifts, phone, back belts, gait belts, carts.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• May be exposed to outside environmental conditions. Some exposure to chemicals, odors, communicable diseases, body fluids, and hazardous materials.
• Exposed to odors and fumes in Morgue and on nursing floors.
VI. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Current certification in BLS/HCP.
• Prior work experience in an acute care facility or customer related field preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet