Queen's Health Systems TEMPORARY Medical Assistant (Queen Emma Clinic) in Honolulu, Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs patient care duties as directed and in accordance/compliance with established policies, procedures and regulations.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: lifting up to 2 pounds, seeing, hearing, talking, grasping, finger dexterity.
• Continuous: standing, walking, stooping, forward reaching, handling.
• Frequent: pushing and pulling up to maximum 50 pounds of force, lifting up to 10 pounds, sitting, bending.
• Occasional: squatting, twisting, lifting: horizontal lift/carry up to maximum weight of 50 pounds,, floor to waist up to 35 pounds, waist to shoulder up to pounds, overhead level up to 15 pounds; carrying up to 35 pounds, running, climbing, side bending, kneeling, crouching, overhead reaching.
• Operates computers, medical equipment, copier.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposed to chemicals, body fluids, communicable diseases.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Completion of a Medical Assistant training program and eligible for certification.
• Current certification in BLS/HCP.
• Satisfactory completion of a pharmacology course work or work experience to demonstrate knowledge in pharmacology.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• One (1) year experience as a Medical Assistant in an outpatient setting highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet