Queen's Health Systems Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist - Credentialing in Honolulu, Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs provider credentialing duties, including but not limited to: processing initial and reappointment applications, verifying physician and allied health providers credentials, processing hospital affiliation letters, monitoring license and malpractice expirations, assisting in processing of provider privileges, developing and generating provider profile reports, filing, and maintaining files in accordance with The Queen’s Health Systems (QHS) record retention policies.
• Provides direct support to the Credentialing and Peer Review Departments staff as well as performs duties integrating the needs of both departments.
• Performs duties in accordance with governing, accrediting and medical-legal guidelines and regulations and the Medical Center’s policies and procedures.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: walking.
• Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, typewriter, calculator, telephone, fax and printer.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Certification as Medical Staff Coordinator (CMSC) or Professional in Medical Staff Management (CPMSM) desirable.
• Two (2) years experience in credentialing and privileging; OR five (5) years experience as a secretary at an administrative level; OR two (2) years administrative office experience with a bachelor’s degree.
• Experience to demonstrate:
o Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel). Access experience desirable.
o Knowledge of medical staff peer review, credentialing and privileging; appointment and re-appointment requirements/procedures and bylaws; and, medical staff administrative policies and procedures preferred.
o Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet