Mattel Payroll Supervisor in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create wonder and inspire dreams of epic proportions. It’s a big task, and we’re here because we’re up to the challenge. Are you? The Opportunity:
This position is responsible for supervising and reviewing the timely and accurate processing of payrolls and administration benefits programs, resolving day-to-day payroll issues, addressing payroll/benefits-related inquiries, supporting the month-end close process and ensure internal and external compliance.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll of all employee payments related to transactions involving new hires, termination, special pay, deductions, and any other related modifications.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure proper documentation for all advices given on payroll matters.
- Work closely with Finance department on related financial requirements, reports and account posting
- Coordinate fiscal year activities including the preparation of income tax returns.
- Maintain knowledge in regulatory changes and reporting requirement that impact payroll services.
- Ensure benefit transactions including pension, life and medical insurance are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review and provide a variety of insurance-related information to service providers.
- Monitor costs of insurances, invoices, payment and providing breakdowns to Finance department accordingly
Reports / Reconciliations:
- Monitor and reconcile all payroll and benefit related accounts and resolve discrepancies
- Assist with various ad hoc reports and query request from Finance and HR.
- Ensure all payroll and HR records/approvals/paperwork are organized throughout the year for Audit.
- Review pensions data with Pension Scheme Auditors yearly.
What We're Looking For:
- Strong payroll/benefit accounting skills with experience preparing entries, accruals, and reconciliations analysis.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude, employee focused and superior interpersonal skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work and handle confidential information with diplomacy.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Technically savvy with the ability to find solutions to business requirements using HRIS.
- Takes the initiative to stay up to date with latest legislative changes to support compliance and best-practice initiatives.
What It’s Like to Work Here: Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey – that’s why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play. Our employees embody our WONDER values and are ready to put them into action every day.
Who We Are: Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential. Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
Posting Title: Payroll Supervisor
Requisition Number: 200853
Location: Hong Kong, Central and Western District
Job Category: Human Resources