Victory Packaging Shift Supervisor, Pulp & Woodyard in Hodge, Louisiana
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Shift Supervisor, Pulp & Woodyard - Hodge, LA
100 Mill St
Hodge, Louisiana, 71247
Shift Supervisor – Pulp and Woodyard
100 Mill Street
Hodge, LA 71247
We have an opening for a Shift Supervisor to work in partnership with managers and employees at our Hodge Mill, in Hodge, Louisiana. This is a unionized facility with approximately 450 employees. This position is responsible for the successful floor level leadership of the daily operation of the mill to achieve maximum sustained safety excellence, environmental compliance, ensuring quality specifications are followed and production targets are maintained at or above budgeted levels.
How you will impact WestRock :
• Provide Leadership and coaching to rotating shift operational crews in the Pulp and Woodyard Departments.
• Facilitate the training of each crew member on the crew to get the most out of training in a timely manner.
• Facilitate the trouble shooting efforts and issues in the Pulp, Recycle and Woodyard.
• Monitors the workmanship of the crews and the compliance of the crew to the standards for environmental, quality, safety, and WestRock standards.
• Conducts and completes accident investigations, near miss investigations, and contractor investigations.
• Communicates to the mill staff through reports, phone, meetings, and face to face about status of area, planned repairs, solutions to issues, and safety status.
• Directs the shift mechanical and electrical shift crews.
• Coordinates Mill Operational status with all Mill Department Supervisors.
• Help to plan and execute outages in the Department.
• Over sees the emergency work being performed in the department on their shift.
• Provides the guidance and leadership to maintain the housekeeping of the departments.
What you need to succeed:
• High School Degree / GED w/ 5+ years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field with 3+ years relevant experience.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
• Leadership and Motivational Skills.
• Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to make decisions based on alarm or upset process conditions that may be critical in preventing major breakdowns.
• Ability to select and properly use personal protective equipment according to the specific hazard or hazards in accordance with Company and department requirements.
• Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
• Working knowledge in the majority of these programs: Outlook Email, Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office to include Word, and Excel, EPAM, PI and the ability to learn new applications.
• Analytical and Decision-making skills
• Previous work experience in a unionized location is a plus
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Shift Supervisor, Pulp & Woodyard