Marsh & McLennan Cos Cloud Financial Analyst in Hoboken, New Jersey
Marsh & McLennan Companies is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Hoboken or Boston
Cloud Financial Analyst
What can you expect?
- You will have responsibility for public cloud cost management, administration and analysis for MMC Tech, providing financial expertise for cloud services, direction and assistance to CIOs, IT teams, business analysts, cloud engineers, and BU architects.
- Identify opportunities and recommends solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
We will Count on you to:
- Develop, document, and make recommendations and communicate financial analysis for cloud services with BU IT and technology teams, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide IT/cloud financial details to technology finance teams and business units in order to complete reconciliation of billing and accounts against operational budgets.
- Analyze the demand for IT/cloud services in order to generate forecast and capacity planning as well as provide information to the vendor management role to negotiate better pricing (e.g. low utilization, reserved instances, more optimal usage patterns or deployment options).
- Work closely with developers, IT operations, business, and accounting staff to build and propose a cost-of-service (COS) chargeback model to the service owners of new products or service functionality, matching the actual costs to these and ensuring appropriate cost allocation methodologies are in place. Coordinate adoption across Business Units and core functions
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the existing IT/cloud architecture/in-house infrastructure and technology portfolio and allocation methodologies.
- Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure demand management and cost-of-service pricing techniques, and recommend Work with developers and business and accounting staff to resolve open billing service accounting/costing issues, identify processes improvements, and track progress to completion.
- Validate/reconcile the electronic billing generated from MMC cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft Azure and others... and inform and raise a concern to the Global Sourcing and Procurement team if issues are identified.
- Build, maintain, and optimize dashboards to provide IT teams and BU leaders with an analytical view of services data for cost-of-service, demand, negotiated pricing and capacity planning.
- Support knowledge transfer/training for colleagues related to IT/cloud demand management and service billing.
- Develop/maintain training material/documentation supporting the key concepts of public cloud billing, the IT/cloud service billing, and cross charging processes.
- Be responsible for the financial operation and rate provisioning of third-party cloud billing & IT cost management tools such as Cloudcheckr and Flexera, as well as native AWS and Azure tooling.
- Establish and maintain KPI(s) on cloud cost containment, which will demonstrate the business value of your role to stakeholders.
What you need to have
- A Bschelor's degree in Computer Science, Finance or related field.
- Solid background in cost analysis, budgeting, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS models, cloud technologies and services.
- Experience with cloud provider billing portals, reconciliation and allocation methodologies
- Strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Solid people and project management skills required
Marsh & McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching$17 billion,Marsh & McLennanhelps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshadvises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInand Twitter@mmc_globalor subscribe toBRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers