Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Engineer in Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Looking for a career with purpose? One that challenges your mind, grows your skills and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like you to join the Lockheed Martin Space engineering team!
The selected individual will work as part of a team to support the maintenance and updating of portions of the Minuteman III ICBM system.
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
• Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems--analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
• Systems Engineering experience
• Architecture Analysis experience
• Requirements experience
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment
• Familiarity with MBSE tools and common modeling approaches
• Familiarity with techniques to manage system models
• Familiarity with MBSE execution and analysis tools
• Experience working in a development environment
• Experience with Software and/or hardware test and integration
• Experience with product ownership
• Experience with agile-based teams and processes
• Experience working with requirements including interpreting requirements into design and implementable features
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.