Adidas America Platform Engineer (m/f/d) in Herzogenaurach, Germany
Platform Engineer (m/f/d)
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The role builds, operates and improves commonly required capabilities to create and run applications in a modern way.
Supports and consults business IT teams about the usage of these platform(s) and services to focus on delivering value at high speed.
• Actively maintains knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
• Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organisation's planning and operations.
• Recognises and identifies the boundaries of their own specialist knowledge.
• Collaborates with other specialists, where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate to the needs of the organisation.
Emerging technology monitoring
• Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies to evaluate the potential impacts, threats and opportunities to the organization.
• Contributes to the creation of reports, technology road mapping and the sharing of knowledge and insights.
• Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
• Contributes to selection of the software development approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
• Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
• Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
• Designs components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
• Identifies and evaluates alternative design options and trade-offs.
• Creates multiple design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the architecture and to handle both functional and non-functional requirements.
• Models, simulates or prototypes the behaviour of proposed systems components to enable approval by stakeholders.
• Produces detailed design specification to form the basis for construction of systems. Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications.
• Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database and data warehouse concepts, design principles, architectures, software and facilities.
• Assesses proposed changes to object/data structures, in order to evaluate alternative options.
• Implements physical database designs to support transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
• Implements data warehouse designs that support demands for business intelligence and data analytics.
• Reviews requirements and specifications, and defines test conditions.
• Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
• Analyses and reports test activities and results.
• Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work.
Systems integration and build
• Defines the software modules needed for an integration build and produces a build definition for each generation of the software.
• Accepts completed software modules, ensuring that they meet defined criteria.
• Produces software builds from software source code for loading onto target hardware.
• Configures the hardware and software environment as required by the system being integrated.
• Produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records and reports on outcomes.
• Diagnoses faults and records and reports on the results of tests. Produces system integration reports.
• Configures software and equipment and tests platform-specific versions of one or more software products.
• Reports the outcome of testing and identifies potential improvements to the process and to the software products according to agreed designs and standards.
Service level management
• Performs defined tasks to monitor service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information.
• Analyses service records against agreed service levels regularly to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service, and initiates or reports these actions.
Release and deployment
• Assesses and analyses release components.
• Provides input to scheduling.
• Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management.
• Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
• May be involved and gives some input on hiring Transition decisions
• Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
• Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
• Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
• Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
• Global IT
• Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
• HR Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient spoken and written command of English
• Strong DeOps Knowledge
• Development Background required
• Knowledge of CDN (AWS, Cloudflare, AKAMAI) is preferred
• Experience with Security is preferred
• Experience in Retail/eCommerce/Omnichannel is preferred
• At least 5-year experience in IT
• 2 years of experience in relevant area
• Understanding of Agile environment
• Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete‘s mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture – the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning – it helps us improve.
COLLABORATION . Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other’s abilities and talents.
Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY . No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors’ training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Platform Engineer (m/f/d)
TEAM: Information Technology
Contract Type: Full time
Date: Mar 18, 2021