Lockheed Martin Software Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Kenobi program is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to drive software design, development, integration, configuration management, transition planning, acceptance testing and deployment activities for Kenobi task order efficiencies.
Utilizing state of the art commercial standard methodologies such as DevSecOps (automated testing, continuous integration, automated deployment, etc.), distributed CM, and modern development tools, you will participate in progressing system capabilities from early design through site acceptance with a focus on software reuse, COTS/FOSS integrations, and innovative, affordable best practices
As a member of a high-performing team, you must be passionate about your trade, focused on mission and system quality, and encouraging of timely delivery of features and capabilities.
You must demonstrate effective technical writing, communication, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate demonstrates the ability to drive, and energize a team of multiple skills and job disciplines across several projects or task orders. The successful candidate demonstrates enjoyment for the opportunities to have frequent interactions with teammates in other geographical locations
Direct tangible experience and understanding of software engineering efforts using Agile methods, processes and practices. Demonstrated strong background in full lifecycle of Software Engineering
• Relevant SW Systems Development (Java and Linux)
• Relevant experience with Cloud Technologies
• Experience with Agile management practices
• Experience with DevOps Pipeline
• Test, Verification, and Deployment Experience
• Release Management and Configuration Management Experience
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
• Experience supporting reviews(ex. peer reviews, code reviews, engineering reviews)
• Privileged User (ex. Security + Certification, CISSP)
• Architecture development (AWS Certifications)
• Automated testing (verification and validation experience)
• Experience leading and contributing to software systems using modern practices, tools, technologies and languages(ex. AWS Cloud frameworks)
• Scrum\\\\SAFe\\\\Agile experience
o Agile certifications/recent experience (e.g. Product Owner, Scrum Master, SAFe, etc.
o AWS certifications/experience
• Continuous Integration\\\\Automated Testing\\\\DevOps
• Experience with Full Stack Development
o Development Languages, (Java, Python, Ruby .Net)
o Database (MySQL, Mongo DB, Oracle)
o Operating System(Linux)
o Versioning Control (Git, Subversion)
o Build Tools( Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef)
o Knowledge of web services or API(REST and SOAP services)
• Experience with Cloud frameworks (AWS, C2S, S2P, etc.))
• Experience with test tools (Junit, Cucumber, Selenium, TestRail)
Experience with documentation systems: (Wikis, Confluence etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.