Artis Senior Living Director - Artis Way Experience in Herndon, Virginia
The position assures the philosophy of the company is fulfilled throughout the community. He/she monitors, supports, and cultivates the positive partnerships philosophy and all the programs associated with it. He/she supports and collaborates with all departments to assure the philosophy is being practiced throughout the community.
- Assures the completion of the Partnership Profile by family members. Assists families with completion and assures understanding of information provided.
- Communicates and utilizes the information gathered in the Partnership Profile to develop a personalized approach to care and programming. Responsible for assisting the Director of Health and Wellness to develop a plan of care which fully captures the individual needs of the residents.
- Provides initial training regarding the ARTIS way to all new associates
- Schedules, coordinates, and facilitates initial orientation for all new associates
- Coordinates monthly in services to assure compliance with memory care state regulations and Artis standards Also provides “on the spot” training to address issues that arise and require training and direction.
- Monitors the philosophy in all departments and works closely with each department head to assure compliance with the program.
- Reviews calendar and program offerings with Life Enrichment on a monthly basis.
- Meets with Director of Culinary services monthly to review menu, times of meals provided, and other nutritional needs of residents to assure personalization.
- Meets with Director of Business Services to review utilization of programs such as EAP, voicefriend, and positive partner of the month program. Develops plans to increase participation and utilization as needed.
- Oversees the Positive Partner recognition program. Responsible for raising awareness of program and how to nominate. Responsible for assuring that an appropriate person is named monthly and that personalized recognition is maintained.
- Responsible for completing yearly Positive Partner of the Year application.
- Actively involved with the hiring process of all potential candidates. Director – Artis Way Experience will interview all prospective hires to assure each candidate meets the expectations in regards to the Artis Way.
- Coordinates with outside agencies and organizations to develop partnerships that enhance the resident’s experiences and programs
- In conjunction with the Director of Health and Wellness and Executive Director conducts pre move in assessments
- Takes the lead in regards to move ins. Assists family prior to move in to determine plan for transition. Is present at time of move in. Coordinates all aspects of move in. Is the point person on move in day for the family and department managers.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness with the development of care plans. Assists in monitoring the personalization of services provided.
- Responsible for timely follow up with family members post move in (i.e.: call within 24 hours of move in with update; 30 day satisfaction/follow up survey).
- Coordinates and facilitates family care plan meetings as required by the state regulations and the Artis standard. Leads the meetings and is responsible for any follow w up from issues discussed in the meetings. Responsible for communicating with family the interventions and/or changes made as a result of the meetings.
- Serves as a support group leader
- Attends and participates in continuing education opportunities through webinars, local and state conferences, and CEU programs.
- Works closely with the sales and marketing team. Assists in the development of relationships with referral sources. Available for presentations, speaking engagements, and sales calls.
- Responsible for maintaining communication with family and residents when out on MLOA. Visits residents, provides information to outside providers as appropriate, and maintains regular contact with family members. Assists organization with discharge planning as needed. Attend care plan meetings when resident is in rehab and/or SNF to assist with transition back to Artis.
- Prepares the annual budget for the programs related to the Positive Partnerships the Artis Way (i.e.: recognition programs; training; monthly positive partner program)
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all community residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current SDS.
- Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
Performs all other duties as requested. SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Three years of Memory Care specific work experience with a focus on working with families and training a priority.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language. An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.