Amazon Web Services AWS Sr. Security TPM in Herndon, Virginia
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented technical program manager for the AWS Security team. AWS Security Enterprise Risk Reduction is responsible for driving complex and long-term programs that measurably reduce risks to Amazon’s enterprise environment. We partner with cross-functional teams from across the business to deliver solutions to security challenges at scale. We continue to strengthen the security flywheel through programs and mechanisms that help our engineers build securely as simply as possible.
AWS is looking for a Security TPM to ensure that our infrastructure operates to the highest standards required to maintain and enhance internal and external customer trust. You will work with your manager, peers, partners, and customers to refine and deliver on the vision and purpose of your programs. If you enjoy leading cross-functional teams of engineers, developers and program managers, and you are skilled at organizing, driving, and communicating laterally and upwards, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity to work alongside world-class talent in solving complex and far-reaching problems. Every day, you will have the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology. You will partner with internal AWS service teams, infrastructure, and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve AWS’ security posture, drive process improvements, and deliver innovative solutions. A successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical security knowledge and a demonstrated track record of successful complex and large scale project deliveries.
· Work in tandem with internal Amazon and AWS service teams to improve internal and external services
· Communicate effectively across leadership teams
· Influence service teams across Amazon to develop systems and processes with security best practices
· Address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
· Partner with multiple teams across multiple locations with varying sets of priorities to ensure a timely delivery of the secure solution.
· Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
· Lead internal process improvement projects, including the development and implementation of internal tools implementation of internal tools, programs, and associated documentation.
· Security training and outreach to internal teams
· Security metrics delivery and improvements
· Develop and mentor other security TPMs
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
· 6+ years technical project management experience or program management experience in a security, engineering, or information technology related field
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules at an enterprise scale
· 3+ years of experience in network, system or software architecture; design, implementation, support and/or evaluation of security-focused tools and services
· 2+ experience in identifying security issues and risks, developing, and implementing mitigation plans
· Experience working with technology and security leadership to articulate security strategies and plans
· Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
· Experience working with stakeholders across many functions, including highly technical and non-technical teams
· Experience driving and contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to security
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us