Foltsbrook Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation Assist RN Unit Manager ( Rehab Unit ) 4 10 hour days, mid shift 11a-7p in Herkimer, New York
To provide Assistance to the RN Unit Manager;
supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the certified nursing assistants (CNA's),LPNS ,Unit Assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility and as may be required by the Director of Nursing or Nurse Manager to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to
practice as an RN in NYS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain the safety to the residents at all times.
• Administer medications as directed by the physician orders.
• Change dressings as directed by the physician orders and report all changes is wounds to RN Nurse Manager or Supervisor. Assure physician orders are updated.
Maintain the Daily 24-hour Report
• Direct CNA's in the completion of their duties.
• Assist CNA's to help meet the needs of the residents when available (i.e. toileting, call lights, etc.)
• Maintain a cohesive understanding with families/caregivers of the resident.
• Complete accident/incident reports as necessary and chart all reports involving residents.
• Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident to the appropriate source.
• Perform any other pertinent duties as assigned by my supervisor.
• I understand that emergency conditions may require me to temporarily work shifts other than the one for which I have applied and been assigned and agree to such scheduling change or overtime when necessary to ensure proper operation of the Homes as directed by my supervisor.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKER TRAITS:
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family
members, visitors and the general public.
• Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
• Must be willing to work as a team player.
• Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
• Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within the facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Work in all areas of the facility.
• Is subject to frequent interruptions and may need to reschedule nursing activities.
• Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors.
Attends in-service programs and staff
development programs as provided by the facility to maintain compliance with the Department of Health and other regulatory agencies, as well as Nursing Home policies and procedures.
Minors are prohibited from performing certain duties involving the
use of power driven equipment and the mixing and usage of chemicals as outlined by labor law regulations.
• Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB
and the AIDS and Hepatitis viruses.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
• Splash-proof goggles
Masks Gloves Gowns
CONTACTS: Staff, Residents, Family Members and Visitors
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Supervised by: Director of Nursing, RN Nurse Manager, RN