AdventHealth Registered Nurse Charge - Cancer Svcs Infusion Ctr in Hendersonville, North Carolina
RN CHARGE CANCER SERVICES INFUSION CENTER
AdventHealth Hendersonville Medical Office Building
100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
- Join a family of caregivers who provide whole person care; body - mind - spirit, to people living in communities across Western North Carolina.
- AdventHealth Hendersonville offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by the support of a national health care system enabling it to provide services, technologies and facilities to meet the whole health needs of our community.
- Faith based organization that extends Christ's healing ministry to every person, every time.
- Co-workers who feel like family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it.
- As a part of the more than 1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth and leadership development.
FT Monday thru Friday, 40 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
·Provides care to patients with oncology and hematology conditions.
·Assist physicians with all aspects of the oncology department.
·Maintain accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, vital signs, responses and assessment of changes.
·Ensures the office runs smoothly, assisting with clerical duties as needed; including answering the phone, faxing or as deemed by manager. Works closely with manager and front staff in scheduling and problem solving.
·Provide care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision, while maintaining open communication with manager.
·Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops; shows responsibility for own professional practice and ongoing education.
·Maintain current knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and his/her clinical condition.
·Determine priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system.
·Respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
·Follow the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
·Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
·Works with manager to resolve any patient, compliance or budgetary issues.
·Assures employee yearly competencies are completed in conjunction with manager with input in yearly evaluations.
·Attends meetings as designated by leadership.
What You Will Need:
- Licensed RN in the state of North Carolina required
- Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Certification required
- ONC (Oncology Nursing Certification) preferred but required within 3 years of hire
- Experience working in an oncology department preferred.
Works closely with manager for: daily staffing, patient flow, safety, compliance, ordering of supplies. Maintains parameters of spending as set forth in yearly budget. Alerts manager to any staffing, patient or compliance problems as needed. Performs chemotherapy administration, physician assistance, information gathering, sample collection, patient education, patient follow-up, supply maintenance and consultation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.