The Village Laundry Worker - Part-Time in Hemet, California
Tends laundering machines to clean sheets, blankets, pillow coverings, and personal articles of residents. Loads articles into washer and ads specified amount of detergent or other cleaning agents. Lifts clean wet articles from washer and places them successively into wringers and dryers for measured time cycles. Sorts dry articles according to identification numbers or type. Folds and places items in appropriate storage bins.
Follows Team Values:
- Understand The Goals That Must Be Achieved
- Listen Carefully And Consider All Ideas And Concerns Regardless Of The Source
- Brainstorm Ideas And Solutions To Problems With Accurate Data And Without A Personal Agenda
- Respect Other People
- Reward Exceptional Performance
- Constantly Seek To Improve Everything You Do
- Be Honorable In Everything You Do
- Assume More Responsibility
- Correct All Deficiencies As Soon As Possible
Qualifications and Job Skills:
- Ability to understand and follow task orientation and instructions, rules and procedures for safely transferring laundry loads, and other safety procedures.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be alert and active in supporting facility’s commitment to safe practices, infection control, and respect for residents’ rights;
- Operate laundry machines;
- Fold and sort clothing, bedding, and other laundry items;
- Deliver resident laundry to designated areas;
- Ensure that clothing items are mended and ready to wear;
- Understand and follow correct practices and product instructions in using laundry products, such as detergents and bleaches;
- Watches out for items of resident property accidentally left in bed linens.
- Prior experience working in commercial laundry preferred.
The Village is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
The Village staff enjoy a wide range of benefits, including vacation, sick and holiday pay. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance as well as a 401k Retirement Savings Plan. Because our residents believe in lifelong learning, they have set up a scholarship fund to help our staff with the cost of continuing education.
If you enjoy working in a family environment, please apply now.