Eagle Broadband System Administrator in Hays, Kansas
Eagle, Vyve and Northland are leading broadband Internet providers serving largely non-urban communities in 16 states. A technology leader in the cable and broadband sectors, Vyve Broadband offers an extensive range of broadband, fiber connectivity, cable television and voice services for commercial and residential customers. Residential services include high-speed Internet with speeds up to Vyve Gig, all-digital, high-definition video and fully featured digital voice. Vyve Business Services provides optical Ethernet, PRI and hosted voice services to the business community. Together, Eagle, Vyve and Northland serve areas of Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming.
The systems administrator is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, servers, and network. They install hardware and software, and participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs of their organization. This role also actively resolve problems and issues with computer, network and server systems to limit work disruptions within the company. Vyve is looking for someone with a strong background in Networking.
Responsibilities for System Administrator:
· Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network, servers, and virtualization
· Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
· Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
· Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
· Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
· Manage and evolve office 365 and company?s cloud footprint
· Help integrate Linux systems into internal IT stack
Qualifications for System Administrator:
· Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System
Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
· 3-5 years of network administration or system administration experience
· System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus ( CCNA, MCSA, Network +)
· Experience with Palo Alto and/or Cisco Systems preferred
· Working knowledge of virtualization, Microsoft Azure, or equivalent
· Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
· Experience with scripting and automation tools
· Experience in an Enterprise IT role preferred.
Vyve Broadband is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual?s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, veteran status, reserve or National Guard status, or any other status protected by applicable law.