Lincoln Financial Group Director of Training and Development in Hartford, Connecticut
Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of the Role
The Director of Training and Development’s team provides integral support and learning expertise to enable Group Protection Distribution & Client Solutions employees achieve objectives. The Director has an opportunity to lead a team of trainers and instructional designers to effectively strategize, develop and deliver knowledge management and outcomes-based education for Sales, Account Management and Pre-Sale team’s training initiatives. The Director will be responsible for the prioritization, development, implementation and evaluation of complex training plans/programs, curriculum and materials.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops integrated training approach incorporating outcomes-based education, blended learning best practices, tool utilization and alignment with cross-functional partners.
• Determine the strategy and continuous improvement opportunities for tools being leveraged to support knowledge management, training, and peer-to-peer learning.
• Prioritizes and directs complex training activities including development, implementation & evaluation of complex training plans/programs for their assigned area(s) of responsibility to meet departmental training objectives & organizational readiness needs.
• Directs and/or develops complex and/or comprehensive training materials, manuals, procedures and/or visual aids which meet the objectives of their assigned area(s)s of responsibility.
• Directs ongoing assessments of training effectiveness with the key focus on accelerating/enhancing productivity, engagement and quality and recommends complex and/or highly comprehensive training modifications as necessary.
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
• Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly increase efficiencies and improve quality across the department for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Serves as a training subject matter expert and partners with management and/or business stakeholders to support successful application of skills learned from training curriculum for on the job effectiveness. Recommends appropriate training and/or coaching reinforcement support for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Builds organizational capability within their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Manages and oversees and may develop the budget for their area(s) of responsibility
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
• 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 7+ Years’ experience in training that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience (Required)
• Experience developing and delivering outcomes-based learning for Sales or Account Management personnel.#LI-DS
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.