Aerotek Patient Accounts Biller in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Aerotek is hiring for a Patient Accounts Biller in Harrisburg, PA!!
This challenging work entails the understanding of insurance claim processing and working of the Receivables. Accurately and expeditiously submits all electronic and paper hospital bills. Compiles information needed to bill accounts, works daily edit reports, and retrieves daily receipt reports from all electronic payers. Follows up and collects data necessary to receive insurance payments in a timely manner.
Essential Job Duties:
a. Transmits or mails all bills downloaded through active software on a daily basis.
b. Assures the accuracy and completeness of all claim and cycle bill runs.
c. Ensures that all edits are actively and accurately resolved within two business days.
d. Contacts the front-end points of service and medical records for delinquent, missing, or incorrect information.
e. Advises the Patient Accounting Coordinator - Billing of front-end contractual allowances posting or charge master discrepancies specific to the payer group.
f. Monitors unbilled reports (both I/P and O/P) for accounts holding past two business days.
g. Works billing reports on a daily basis to attain AR Day goals.
h. Monitors bills that are suspended outside of the normal hold period and contacting the appropriate parties for resolution.
i. Reviews third-party rejection listings to ensure that all individual rejections are worked and resubmitted within two business days of receipt.
j. Advises the Patient Accounts Coordinator - Billing of accounts that cannot be successfully resolved within two business days.
medical terminology, CPT codes, Microsoft office, hospital registration systems, Healthcare billing systems
Top Skills Details:
medical terminology, CPT codes, Microsoft office
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Two years of experience in a billing or follow-up role for the Business Office or Patient Accounting departments of a healthcare or health insurance organization required.
• Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS) required upon hire or must sit for certification within 2 years from date of hire.
• Continued education and training to improve the understanding of payer communications, billing systems, and analytical software tools is preferred.
• Understanding and ability to communicate with third-party reimbursement and regulatory requirements.
• Prior use of Microsoft Office applications recommended especially the use of Excel, Word and Access required.
• Understanding of CPT codes and familiarity with a hospital Charge Master system.
• Additional knowledge relating to hospital registration systems and processes preferred.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.