Greater Hudson Valley Health System (GHVHS) Float Courier in Harris, New York
Garnet Health (formerly Greater Hudson Valley Health System,) is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation headquartered in Middletown, New York, approximately 60 miles north of New York City. Garnet Health is comprised of Garnet Health Medical Center, Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Garnet Health Doctors, Garnet Health Foundation and Garnet Health Foundation - Catskills. Garnet Health is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs and needed healthcare services that allow residents to remain close to home to receive quality care.
Providing healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties, Garnet Health was designed to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of healthcare services in the mid-Hudson and Catskill region. Services provided by more than 3,300 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, makes Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. The System’s three hospital campuses (Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills (Harris and Callicoon, NY) and Garnet Health Medical Center (Middletown, NY) plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care including:
601 licensed inpatient beds
Ambulatory surgery services
Skilled nursing unit
Cardiology services including emergency and elective angioplasty
Oncology services from diagnosis to treatment
Orthopedic services including joint replacements
Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Outpatient diagnostic imaging
Primary, Specialty, and Urgent care practices
Adult day care
Mental health and chemical dependency programs
Sleep Center Services
Outpatient infusion services
Rehabilitation services including: physical, occupational and speech therapy
Rape intervention and support services
Community screenings and support groups
Performs various transport duties throughout Garnet Health System. Transport duties, include but are not limited to transporting and handling internal facility mail, specimens, x-ray film, medical records, storeroom supplies, linen carts, surgical carts and other items which must be moved between facilities. Drives various types of hospital vehicles not to exceed 18,000 lbs. May be required to perform other duties as required including computer and cellphone applications.
• High School graduate or equivalent required
• One (1) year documented driving experience for organizations required
• Two (2) years’ experience working in a professional, fast paced environment or successful completion of vocational training relevant to vehicle maintenance or other basic vehicle knowledge.
• Two (2) years’ experience triaging incoming calls, messages and/or job requests, and working in conjunction with multiple departments to complete assigned tasks.
• Valid Driver’s License without violations meeting Health System Insurance Criteria required (NYS Driver’s License preferred).
• Eligible employees must be bondable and twenty (20) years of age.
• Environmental Demands and Exposure to Hazards: Works inside and outdoors, frequently subjected to inclement weather. Exposed to odors and waste (protective measures are practiced). Frequent contact with other staff members and members of the community. Will have frequent exposure to blood, body substances, infectious materials, chemical hazards, vibration, radiation, slippery surfaces, or noise that may result from performance of duties.
• Physical Demands: Demonstrates physical and functional ability to perform full anatomical range of motion to accomplish tasks. Evidence of visual and aural acuity and finger and hand dexterity to operate computer and office equipment. Can withstand long periods of sitting, standing, walking, climbing, bending driving and the ability to lift 50 pounds. Frequent moving of equipment, carts on wheel that weigh in excess of 200 lbs.
• Mental Demands: Ability to foster collaborative relationships, to work well under pressure, to organize and synthesize new information, and prioritize tasks. Possesses critical thinking, analytical skills and flexibility. Ability to multi-task. Required detailed attention to work in an environment where interruptions cannot be controlled. Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and expectations. May be subject to irregular hours including evenings or potentially weekends to participate in operational and community events as necessary.
External Company URL: https://garnethealth.org/
Street: 68 Harris Bushville Road
Shift Type: 4 - All Per diem
If Other, Shift Slot: Per Diem. Variable shifts, including rotating weekends and holidays