Exterran Senior Design Engineer – DCS/PLC Control Systems (Oil & Gas) in Hamriyah, United Arab Emirates
Position requires excellent working knowledge of Control System detail design and engineering in medium to large scale Oil & Gas projects. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work that requires judgment in evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Shall be familiar with industrial cybersecurity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical duties will include but not be limited to:
Experience in working with DCS systems from Emerson/ Honeywell/ Yokogawa
Experience in working with Allen Bradley/ Siemens PLC systems
Experience in handling OTS (Operator Training Simulator)
EPC experience in handling major control system vendors (Emerson/ Honeywell/ Yokogawa/ Allen Bradley/ Siemens)
Familiarity with industrial cyber security. Cybersecurity certification would be an advantage.
Programming experience in PLC and/ or DCS systems
Experience in conducting FAT for DCS/ PLC based systems
Control System SAT/ Commissioning and Startup experience
Co-ordination with ICSS and other system vendors
Internal Cross Working Relations (Departmental)
· Reporting to I&C Discipline Manger
External Working Relations (External to Exterran)
· Interfacing with clients, vendors, contractors and third party engineering companies.
Preferred Education and Relevant Experience/Training:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Instrument Engineering.
· 15+ years of control system experience in working for consultancy organizations in the EPC of the Oil and Gas Industry.
Must have experience in working in a Multi-cultural office on more than one project at a time
Technical Knowledge and Skills
· Thorough knowledge of control system engineering/ design for medium to large scale industrial / oil and gas projects.
· Thorough in-depth knowledge of international standards applicable to control systems
· Ability to handle multiple tasks on multiple projects while maintaining schedule, budget and quality.
· Experience in working in multi-cultural, multiple discipline office on projects with Oil & gas and/or Petrochemical Clients.
· Thorough knowledge on Hazardous area classification and selection of equipment.
· Comprehensive knowledge of distributed cotnrol system (DCS) and PLC based solutions from major control system vendors such as Emerson, Honeywell, Yokogawa, Siemens, ABB, rockwell Automation etc.
· Experience in managing and controlling Control System Vendors to meet control system milestones from engineering to testing to delivery and commissioning.
· Cyber security auditing
· Familiar with machine condition monitoring systems, Corrosion monitoring systems
· Experienced in conducting control system FAT, IFAT, SAT etc
· Handson experience in control system site support
· Experience in PID loop tuning would be an advantage.
· Cybersecurity certification and Functional Safety certification would be an advantage
· MS Office ( Excel, Word, etc)
· Control System Engineering Software
· English- fluent (Speak / Read / Write)
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.