Saint Barnabas Health Care System Assistant in Hamilton, New Jersey
Corporate Care, One Hamilton Health Place, Hamilton, NJ 08619
The Health Access Assistant (HAA) performs a variety of clinical and clerical duties. It is expected that the HAA provides courteous and appropriate interaction with all patients and colleagues. Performs ancillary testing, collects specimens, and provides assistance to clinical staff for patients being served. Ensures that documents are appropriately completed and processed, registrations are accurately entered, tests are completed, accurately labeled and documented timely, patient wait times are limited, and all activities conform to the established laws, policies and regulations.
* High School Graduate or equivalent
* Graduate from an accredited school of medical assistant training or currently in nursing school or equivalent education.
* BLS required
* NJ driver s license required
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred
* Prior experience in an occupational medical environment preferred
* Federal DOT drug urine collection, BAT, EKG, and phlebotomy certification or eligible within six months of hire required
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word Processing software, Internet, Database, Scheduling and email software preferred.
* Proficient with Electronic Medical Records
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employer's Job# 15949
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.