Hackensack Meridian Health Administrative Assistant III in Hackensack, New Jersey
Administrative Assistant III
Radiology - Administrati
Hackensack University Med Cntr
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
No Weekends Required
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Administrative Assistant III performs a variety of administrative functions. This position reports to an administrator and provides assistance utilizing secretarial support skills to maintain departmental operation.
1. Schedules appointments, meetings or conferences for departmental personnel utilizing interdepartmental and/or hospital wide computerized scheduling systems.
2. Prioritizes calls through screening process, transfers calls, records messages, and delivers to appropriate personnel.
3. Coordinates special projects as instructed, composes memos, transcribes notes, and researches and creates presentations.
4. Generates reports, handles multiple projects, and prepares and monitors invoices and expense reports.
5. Takes and/or transcribes minutes at meetings.
6. Reviews and distributes daily mail correspondence to appropriate personnel.
7. Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
8. Maintains up-to-date departmental manuals and files.
9. May assist with compiling and developing the annual budget.
10. Meets both department and individual goals.
11. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Associate degree or higher.
Experience in health care or corporate sectors.
Minimum of 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area or related higher levels of education achieved.
Previous experience working with patients and families preferred.
General computer skills, including basic proficiency with Microsoft Office, are required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
You must enjoy working with patients and their families.
Have the ability to accept responsibility for accuracy and response times.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.