Crowley Personnel LLC Coordinator, Logistics in GUAYNABO, Puerto Rico
Crowley is a privately-owned marine, transportation and logistics company providing worldwide solutions since 1892. We have over 6, 000 high-performing team members in 35 countries and Caribbean territories, who are diverse, encouraged and deliver on their commitments. We are Crowley, the people who know.
The Crowley Way
We believe in and celebrate the power of collaboration between people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who share their differences and are driven to achieve business and personal goals. We support the development of our high-performers and are committed to guiding them every step of the way.
What does this role look like?
You will be responsible for administering efficient and economical movement of cargo and/or processing documentation within established deadlines and regulatory requirements.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- You will resolve cargo transportation needs by coordinating directly with customers, foreign offices, government agencies and other departments.
- You will prepare, review, approve and maintain files required for the lawful completion of both import/export activities.
- You will coordinate shipments with the warehouse and ensure cargo is traced, cleared and released at the port facilities.
- You will receive, reconcile, generate, consolidate and/or summarize documents and information.
- You will ensure invoices are accurate and in accordance to the physical shipment and customer regulatory requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with course work after high school and/or job-related training preferred.
- 1 - 2 years general office, transportation/logistics experience with knowledge of ocean/air documents, customs forms and regulations preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish)
What an average day looks like
- You will communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- You will establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- You will demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- You will prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting assigned deadlines.
- You will identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- You will perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment. Ability to gather, interpret, report, and use data and other information concerning assigned activities.
- You will function effectively with or as part of a team. Skill in preparing clear and concise documents, including, but not limited to reports, procedures, correspondences, and other written materials.
- You have knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of import forwarding and customs brokerage in a domestic and/or international capacity.
- You have knowledge of applicable computer applications and basic computer functions
Apply if you identify with these competencies:
- Demonstrates self-awareness (Our culture thrives on positive intent, which applies to receiving/giving feedback).
- Action-oriented (you figure things out and execute).
- Manage ambiguity (things change so we want to know you can adapt).
- Collaborates (you know five heads are better than one).
- Nimble learning (you're knowledgeable of a lot of subjects and are not afraid to share and seek new skills and insight).
What else is in it for you?
Our people enjoy some amazing perks, check out a few below:
Employee resource groups - These dynamic committees are driven by you and your peers and are designed for networking, engaging and growing your interests. We welcome new groups all the time!
Personal development - We believe that personal development is key to a high-performance organization and encourage our employees to own their own growth. We offer a variety of training classes and resources for employee and team development and promote a culture of learning.
Awesome people - Your colleagues will challenge you to be your best every single day and acknowledge your efforts. Plus, our people know how to have fun. (Search #OneCrowley for a sneak peek)
If this position doesn't sound like a fit for you, check out our other openings. www.crowley.com/careers
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer. For affirmative action purposes and to assist in our compliance with federal government record keeping, we would request that you complete a voluntary self-identification information form. All information provided will be kept confidential and separate from your application data.
Normal office environment. We'll set you up with proper equipment.
Extended use of computer keyboard and monitor-viewing. You may have to sit for long periods of time.
The position is Non-Exempt. May require the ability to work overtime to meet required deadlines. Must comply with all work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity