Diageo Supply Security Manager in Guadalajara, Mexico
Job Description :
The Security Manager of expansion & new projects is accountable for developing and implementing an effective strategy to assess and mitigate risks, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard personnel, assets, agave, parts & products and buildings of the organization from any hostile infringements of the Group’s interest. Objective is to provide a safe and secure work environment for personnel new projects, new sites in compliance with Diageo Corporate Security Standards.
In a high Security risk market such as Mexico, the role shall operate with the appropriate security measures within the AOP by monitoring and managing security and budget appropriately.
A deep deterioration of security situation in Mexico, could affect our production and logistic operation, product availability and the business performance in Mexico.
High level of independent work and initiative required for performance of role.
Role model the Diageo leadership capabilities, mentor and motivate the team, and security vendors, build interdependency with the rest of the organization.
Continuous communication and support to key stakeholders in the business.
Purpose of Role:
• Advise to the Legal Director all operations periodically of on-going risks and vulnerabilities and mitigating measures of the new projects and Diageo sites to safeguard Company operations in the region including the agave operations of DJA on the ground.
• Identify, develop, implement and maintain security processes, practices and policies to eliminate risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in all areas of information, financial, physical, personal, and reputation risk.
• Work closely and supervise the operation of DJA and the security services in Diageo external sites such as “centros agricolas”
• Keep the local stakeholders informed of appropriate corporate security policies and general procedures authorized by the Head of Security.
• Ensure the implementation of security operations is in strict compliance with national laws and applicable local regulations as well as requirements of supply chain security programs such as CTPAT and CS Standards GRSM 52000
• Propose written guidelines to orient all personnel on basic security measures and organize briefings and practice drills as appropriate. Provide security awareness training to the new employees and be proactive in develop security culture in the organization.
• Coordinate the security functions of the supervisors and security guards (contractors) to ensure outcomes meet security and safety objectives and stablish KPI´s for them as colleagues and KPI´s for the company.
• Establish and maintain cooperative partnership networks with the main external interlocutors (law enforcement, customs, among others) so as to reduce risks to security and maintain continuity of operations as well as internal peers to reach out the objectives
• Cooperate, as necessary, in mutual operations with others Country Security Partners.
• Provide timely risk assessments, reports of incidents, researched papers, briefs and alerts as well as fulfil the security dashboard in compliance with KPI´s of Corporate Security organization and site.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Prior experience in law enforcement, military, government security/intelligence or corporate security is required.
• Good understanding of general security including: threat and developing risk.
• In-depth knowledge of security issues, almost certainly acquired from several years’ experience in a law enforcement agency, armed forces or security industry. Knowledge of interaction between company and law enforcement agencies in kidnap/extortion and crisis management cases.
• Knowledge of electronic surveillance systems.
• Awareness and capabilities to negotiate terms and structure of security contracts.
• Analysis, conducting site surveys, crisis management and executive protection.
• Strong integrity.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to stay focused by constantly reassessing priorities and managing expectations within the business.
• Ability to work confidently, persuasively and to gain the respect and trust of other senior managers.
• Flexible attitude to travel. The need to be fully mobile and available on a 24-hour on-call basis, to respond to crisis situations.
• Personal drive and pro-activeness.
• Strong interpersonal skills (Diageo works though knowing the right people, not through operating processes).
• Ability to constantly reprioritize and manage expectations from a large and demanding business.
• Ability to act confidentially and discreetly.
- English fluent speaking and writing.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of everyday celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world.
Ever since Arthur Guinness took out a 9,000 year lease on a Dublin brewery, some 250 years ago, we became a business that is defined by the character of the people who work here. It took immense character from Alexander Walker to convince the captains of every ship in the port of Glasgow to take crates of Johnnie Walker to the four corners of the world. Today, nothing’s changed.
We’re proud to be more than 27,775 talented people . While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives , wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment, where everyone can flourish.
What's your DRINKiQ? Take our quiz to understand how alcohol is made and explore the effects of drinking. You can discover everything you need to know on DRINKiQ website (https://www.diageo.com/en/in-society/drinkiq/alcohol-facts/) .