Catholic Health Initiatives Radiologic Technologist - Grimes Family Medicine Clinic in GRIMES, Iowa
Radiologic Technologist - Grimes Family Medicine Clinic
Location: GRIMES, IOWA, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2020-R0278231
Post Date: Mar 26, 2020
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 40
Primary Location: IA > GRIMES > GRIMES CLINIC
Job Summary / Job Purpose:
Under direct supervision, performs radiographic procedures at a technical level that does not require constant supervision of technical detail in accordance with the scope of training. Responsible for operates radiology equipment to make clinical diagnostic imaging films as directed by physicians and performs routine diagnostic procedures. Assumes the responsibilities and the performance of acts within the educational background of the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiology.
• Schedule outpatient tests and procedures at hospitals via telephone. Explain simple tests and preparation required to patient.
• Position patients and adjust equipment for taking diagnostic images following established procedures.
• Follow safety principles, radiation protection, and the general comfort and care of the patient.
• Maintain radiographic log, in accordance with the policy, taking responsibility for documentation of exam, patient’s name, and/or retake reason.
• Record test results and monitors patient data.
• Maintain accurate department records to satisfy both the state and federal regulations.
• Maintain separate report on all diagnostic radiographs.
• File and maintain shipping and receiving log of radiographs and other diagnostic tests requested.
• Maintain current MSDS forms for radiology department.
• Take x-rays of various portions of the body in order to diagnosis disease or injury.
• Calibrate and maintain x-ray equipment.
• Maintain efficient, organized, and clean work area.
• Report problems or any potential problems to Radiology Supervisor.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by healthcare provider or Radiology Supervisor.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Graduate of an accredited Limited Radiology Technology training program required.
• Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT) license issued by state agency or passing the Limited Scope of Practice in Radiography exam issued by ARRT in one of the following modalities required:
o Head, Chest, Core, Spine or Extremities
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
- Experience (required and preferred):
• 0 – 2 years related experience preferred.
Requisition ID: 2020-R0278231
Market: Mercy Medical Center
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic