The Raymond Corporation Machinist - Greene, NY in Greene, New York
Sets up and operates selected groups of manual equipment and computer controlled production machines to fabricate a variety of complex, high to low volume parts.
- Sets up and operates selected groups of manual equipment and computer controlled production machines.
- Receives processed parts and reads blueprints/sketches in order to fabricate a variety of complex, mid-low volume parts. Monitors, troubleshoots and resolves problems associated with job set up. Adheres to proper feeds, speeds and settings to maximize production levels and machine/tool life.
- Inspects own work prior to next operation. Serves as precision and operational inspector for Production Operators' work. Makes adjustments, sends work back, as necessary.
- Stacks and/or moves completed work by following material handling procedures.
- Provides work direction/assistance to Production Operators on a regular basis.
- Supports the Company's 5S program in an effort to maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat, organized manner.
- Ensures inventory of required supplies are kept at appropriate levels.
- Uses computer to expedite parts as required to meet schedule.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Basic English grammar and spelling.
- Requires ability to comprehend and follow complicated instructions and perform basic arithmetic.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of reading a variety of blueprints, diagrams, sketches, specifications, etc.
- Requires knowledge of use of variety of job specific measuring devices.
- Intermediate computer skills are required.