Aston Carter Associate Operations Coordinator in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Description: Entering information into the system, setting appointments, email, working with customers. Written and verbal communication. quick thinking, problem solving, 300-400 emails everyday. Sense of urgency, multi tasker, problem solver
The Associate Operations Coordinator performs basic operational tasks that enable the company to meet the transportation needs of customers and carriers. With a sharp focus on data integrity, quality and efficiency, the individual may perform operational task work in support of a specific customer, vertical segment or within a centralized operations center. Specific responsibilities will vary depending upon the type of assignment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• With a focus on quality and efficiency, execute one or more of the following tasks and in accordance with office and company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs): providing shipment information, creating orders, activating shipments, building loads, assigning loads, scheduling appointments, tracking and tracing shipments, entering events and invoicing.
• Monitor task boards and assigned email accounts to respond to customer and carrier requests.
• Document events utilizing knowledge gained through SOPs and experience and, when required, follow defined escalation procedures and training.
• Follow through on customer or carrier requests to ensure satisfaction. Escalate questions or requests when necessary.
• Validate and ensure the accuracy of load data in systems according to CHR and customer standards.
• Complete other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
Day to day: Entering information into the system, setting appointments, email, working with customers. Written and verbal communication. quick thinking, problem solving, 300-400 emails everyday. Sense of urgency, multi tasker, problem solver
hostess, bachelors, customer service, customer, service, track, schedule, scheduling, calls, email, outlook, excel, waiter, bartender, support, operations, carrier, dispatch
Skills & Qualifications Needed:
• High school diploma or GED
• Previous customer service experience
• Reliability is extremely important
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Experience working with MS Office; including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Previous customer service experience in a call center or similar environment
• Demonstrated communication, prioritization and time management skills
• Prior work experience that required attention to detail and accuracy
• Values a diverse and inclusive work environment, communication, prioritization and time management skills
• S omeone who wants a long term career
• S omeone excited, energetic, strong multitasker, is proactive, does not just occupy a chair but looking for things to do.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.