Raytheon Technologies Manager III-Program Management in Goleta, California
Raytheon Self Protect Systems is a leader in airborne Electronic Warfare.
The Emerging Programs (EP) Product Area collaborates with customers to develop the next generation of Electronic Warfare for Self Protection.
This Program Manager (PM) will work in the enthusiastic and fast paced EP Product Area, guiding a team which develops new products in the Technology Development (TD) and Engineering & Manufacturing Development (EMD) Phases. The PM is responsible for total program performance including project execution, business goals and customer relationships. The EP classified programs are developed on advanced technology requiring the PM to also support transition into production. As the position focuses on new technology development, the PM needs to have technical experience and be able to lead cross-functional and multi-location teams.
The PM must have knowledge and experience to successfully lead team fielding new USG systems including; DT/OT&E, training and support, and transition to production.
The candidate should have a thorough understanding of Firm Fixed, Cost Plus and Incentive Fee DoD contracting and have experience supporting a team through Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP), negotiations and contract award process.
The PM must have experience demonstrating effective communications as the position requires technical and business presentations to senior key team members, customers and team members.
As the program lead the PM must have experience assessing financial performance, risk management, Schedule performance, and team effectiveness. This PM will also be required to impact upcoming requirements for follow-on programs and to expand its application to new platforms.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
•10+ years of direct work experience in program management, systems engineering, or related military experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience successfully managing technology development programs and Engineering and Development Program
• Excellent understanding of military electronics products, systems, and concepts of operations
• Experience developing new business capture activities and winning new business in a enthusiastic environment
• IMS and EVMS implementation and execution, to include meeting EAC requirements
• Ability to monitor, interact and course correct technical teams to support customer goals
• Experience developing systems development and/or design programs within the last three years
• Must be able to travel between Raytheon sites and visit customer locations in support of business execution and growth requirements
• Thorough knowledge of USG product fielding requirements
• Good communication skills
• Must be a self-starter
• Ability to multi-task, address multiple issues and set priorities
• Must be reliable organized, flexible and detail oriented.
• Thorough business sense to proactively identify and resolve problems and issues quickly and efficiently
• Knowledge of complex IF contract types
• Experience in EW Systems
• Effective written, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Proficiency with MS Office including MS Project
Required Education (including Major): •Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or a related discipline (Master’s Degree in a technical field or MBA is desired)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.