Genentech Informatics Project Manager in South San Francisco, California,
Informatics Project Manager
South San Francisco, California
Job ID: 202012-130594 (http://jobs.gene.com/202012-130594)
Apply For This Job (https://www.gene.com/careers/find-a-job/apply/202012-130594)
Return to Search Results (https://www.gene.com/careers/find-a-job) The Position
We are seeking a talented and experienced project manager to contribute to and drive cross-functional projects in Development Sciences Informatics (DSI). Development Sciences is a translational science organization that plays a critical role in Genentech Research and Early Development as well as late stage development of our products at Roche. DSI is accountable for leading the strategy and execution around data lifecycle management, data standards, analytics infrastructure, ongoing data operations and informatics systems.
The Informatics Project Manager will play a role in supporting one or more of our key DSI initiatives as part of the Portfolio and Operations Management team. This position drives project delivery in areas of data management and engineering, analytics platforms and tools, and systems development (including network, server, or software implementation). The Informatics Project Manager will be responsible for defining and executing the project roadmap, facilitating project team meetings, and proactively managing critical issues and interdependencies. The Informatics Project Manager will partner with project and DSI leadership as well as engage diverse stakeholder groups across gRED and the Roche enterprise to achieve development and results.
● Develop, maintain, track, and manage a high-quality, integrated project plan, ensuring all objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved across multiple parallel activities.
● Effectively communicate and engage both scientific and technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization, countries, and cultures.
● Define and transparently manage the critical path of the project and project scope, ensuring that the project team remains aligned and stakeholders stay well-informed throughout the process.
● Proactively identify and communicate gaps, potential bottlenecks, and/or delays and interdependencies to the project team and DSI Portfolio Lead.
● Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high-performance teams.
● Effectively manage stakeholder relationships and expectations.
● Regularly communicate project progress, challenges, and key wins to stakeholders
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
● Strong leadership and project management skills with experience and demonstrated success running data and informatics projects in R&D. Ability to work independently.
● Excellent teamwork and attention to detail
● Strong influencing, networking, and stakeholder management skills with both technical and scientific groups.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, and high-pressure environment
● Results driven and comfortable moving concepts forward in an ambiguous environment
● Ability to problem solve and recommend new approaches to overcome challenges
● Demonstrated ability to translate ideas into operational activities and to extract and understand high level business requirements and technical elements.
● Comfortable with technical and scientific content.
● Proficiency in project management tools (e.g., Smartsheets, Google Suite, JIRA, etc.)
● Familiarity with the informatics solution development lifecycle and change management approaches
● Minimum: BS/MS or equivalent, with 8+ years of related experience in a fastpaced, project-based environment.
● Life science background with Pharma or Biotech R&D experience preferred.
● Understanding of the R&D and drug development process.
Who We Are
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply for this job" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
Return to Search Results (https://www.gene.com/careers/find-a-job)
Join our Talent Community (https://roche.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ROG-A2O-GENE/introduceYourself) . By joining our Talent Community (https://roche.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ROG-A2O-GENE/introduceYourself) , your resume will be available to our recruitment team, Join today! (https://roche.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ROG-A2O-GENE/introduceYourself)