Aerotek Maintenance Technician in Gibsonton, Florida
• Individuals will be responsible for coordinating and performing all required maintenance activities, including reactive, preventative, proactive, project and setup support!
• Candidate will be required to assess, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing and facilities equipment issues. This equipment includes but isn't limited to PLCs, pneumatics, hydraulics, gear boxes, motors, pump, etc.
• Utilize the CMMS to document maintenance actions, issues and resolutions.
• Required to assist in training fellow technicians on proper maintenance practices to include safe work practices, equipment theory, troubleshooting and repair procedures, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
-PLC's (input/output- basic troubleshooting) for a Level 3. If the individual understand ladder logic AND maybe modify as well as a PLUS (they could be considered for Level 4).
-Controls are Siemens, Allen Bradley, Omron.
-VFD knowledge is a PLUS but not required for Level 3 or Level 4
-Pneumatics (A LOT), hydraulics (very LITTLE), gear boxes, pumps, valves, motors, etc.
Everyone will train on first for 6-12 weeks and then go to perspective shift.
M-F but weekends may be required. Mainly 40 hours once they fill out the department but they are currently current about 10 hours of OT right now on a voluntary basis.
Electrical, Maintenance technician, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Mechanical, Repair, Troubleshooting, Preventive maintenance, Plc troubleshooting, Electrical troubleshooting, Electrical maintenance, Blueprint, Industrial, Schematic, 3 phase, Relay.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• Associates Degree, Trade School or Online Maintenance Coursework Certificate and/or Military Technical Training preferred
• Demonstrated strong electrical skills and ability to effectively utilize electrical test equipment such as multi-meters, meggers or other specialized test equipment (as required) and be able to confidently read and interpret electrical prints and schematics (*PLC programming, robotics, vacuum systems experience is a plus)
• Must be mechanically inclined and possess the ability to use all standard tools of the trade; to include but not limited to basic hand and machine tools, various test equipment (as required) and be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and prints, as well as demonstrate the ability to safely and effectively operate basic shop machinery such as hyd. presses, grinders, lathes, mills and drill presses
• High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills and ability to meet project deadlines
• Visual acuity to inspect equipment and read labels and documentation
• Physical ability to stand for most of the day (5-8 hours a day) and to regularly work on raised surfaces and climb stairs or ladders.
• Physical capability to lift and carry 25lbs to a height of 4 feet and a distance of 4 feet and occasionally lift from 26 – 50lbs from the same height and distance + ability to repetitively bend and twist at the waist and neck and reach above and below shoulder level to reach product, components or equipment.
• Frequent and repetitive use of both hands is required for simple grasping, power grasping, fine manipulation
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.