Cargill FSQR Associate (Weekend Night Shift) in Gainesville, Georgia
Do you love a challenge? Being involved with a hard-working team to tackle quality assurance issues? Love to analyze data and uncover risks? Do you enjoy training, mentoring and guiding new hires? Just a few of the ways we can use your experience in this position.
The FSQR Associate develops and implements processes and procedures meant to improve quality and food safety throughout the organization. This position will partner with other teams to identify and mitigate food safety and quality risks. They will work with senior staff to address customer requirements and concerns, as well as collaborate on audits. Working under general supervision and both independently and in a team environment, seek to address complex issues.
The schedule for this position is from 7:00pm to 7:00am working Friday, Saturday and Sunday, including every other Thursday.
• Expertly performs inspection of raw materials, ingredients, finished or in-process goods, analyzes data, and identifies trends in defects or errors.
• Utilizing complex equipment as outlined in the quality assurance plan for the purpose of ensuring food safety, quality & regulatory compliance.
• Assist with product disposition and inventory management activities – including: reviewing expired inventory, development of rework planning and approval process, reconciliation product inventories. Prepares reports and customer facing documents.
• Partners with cross-functional teams, on product design, product management, and production, to uncover and avoid quality and food safety risks.
• Conducts root cause analysis for defects, non-conformities, or other quality and food safety failures.
• Ensures compliance with formal external and internal quality standards.
• Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum required qualifications
• BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or applied science OR completion of a 4 year degree program complimented by 1 year relevant manufacturing experience
• Familiarity with standard laboratory procedures & equipment (acids, bases & solvents)
• Ability to work the night shift during holidays and weekends, including over time
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
• 2+ years experience in food, beverage, or pharmaceutical manufacturing
• Familiarity with GC, NIR, MPAES, NMR, Refractive Index, Lovibond, and Rancimats
• Basic food safety knowledge with specific emphasis on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), labeling, food additives, sanitation, and food microbiology
• Ability to manage small projects
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated plant manufacturing quality knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.