Oncor Engineer Associate in Ft Worth, Dallas, Texas
Network Design is responsible for the overall project management and construction of all Network facilities inside of the downtown Dallas and Fort Worth networks, including responsibility for the maintenance of Tyler and Midland networks. This group is also responsible for all vault work and major civil installation (requiring manhole/duct bank systems) throughout the entire Oncor service territory. These projects typically include the design of civil infrastructure, vault design, secondary grid services, and plan and profile drawings. Under very minimum supervision, plans and designs the orderly and economic expansion of the network and/or major distribution electric system to meet present and future demand while providing high quality, reliable electric service at a competitive cost.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Under very minimum supervision, prepares plans, standards, and operating procedures consistent with good engineering practice.
· Under very minimum supervision, accurately develops plans, specifications and project management documents for expansion and maintenance of the downtown networks and other major distribution projects for the electric delivery system.
· Incorporates personnel and public safety as a priority in the design and operation of system projects.
· Effectively communicates and resolves almost all issues with other work groups while presenting detailed documentation and plans ranging from moderately complex to extremely complex design.
· Effectively manages a very large number of projects while maintaining work product quality, reliability, and volume.
· Promotes environmental responsibility, corporate citizenship, and ethical conduct while setting a standard of excellence.
· Ability to create design documents, technical manuals, and/or procedures is preferred
· Ability to diagnose issues and provide solutions with little to no guidance
· Understand how the Networks operates with both the primary and secondary grids
· Ability to communicate effectively and work with other internal and external partners or successful project completion
· Ability to work as a team to accomplish tasks and goals
· Flexibility to handle issues and problems as they arise
· Organizational skills to effectively manage a significant number of assignments and projects
· Performs all essential aspects and functions of the job as well as any other specific job requirements maintaining work quality, reliability, and volume