UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Foreman in Ft. Huachuca, Arizona
Tracking Code Rockford Corporation
Job Code 21-0240
Posting Title Foreman
Post Date 2/22/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel No Travel Required
City Ft. Huachuca
Description Carpenter Foreman
Supervise work crews on various miscellaneous projects under the supervision of the Miscellaneous Projects Superintendent. Responsible for supervision, direction, and safety of work crews during the construction process.
• Responsible for supervision, direction and safety of work crews.
• Read and interpret plans and specifications, read and correct shop drawings and utilize/maintain project schedule.
• Adherence to the UICC Policies and Procedures including Shareholder employment opportunities.
• Maintain worker safety and an accident free work environment in strict compliance with OSHA rules.
• Perform Quality Control functions
• Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
• Ability to be responsible for supervision, direction and safety of work crews in all aspects of commercial construction.
• Understanding of pile installation, survey pile points, framing, insulation and vapor barrier installation.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret plans and specifications, read and correct shop drawings and utilize/maintain project schedule.
• Ability to administer the UICC Policies and Procedures including Shareholder employment opportunities.
• Must be committed to worker safety and an accident free work environment and in strict compliance with OSHA rules.
• Ability to perform Quality Control functions
• Perform independently without direct supervision
• Ability to operate construction equipment, such as forklifts and loaders.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Have punctual and on time work history.
• Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• High School Diploma/or equivalent
• Minimum of twelve (10) years of construction experience with 4 years as a foreman.
Requirements Physical Demands:
• Strenuous walking, standing, and/or climbing, heavy lifting and carrying.
• Working on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, working on ladders and scaffolding.
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, moving materials, and manipulating materials.
• Loud noises, and/or extremes of heat or cold.
• The work often requires wearing protective gear that may be uncomfortable.
• The nature of the work environment may produce moderate levels of stress.
• Work environment is that of a construction site.
• May be working in close proximity to moving equipment.
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)