CableCom LLC Foreman - Underground in Fresno, California
Fresno, CA, USA
CableCom is a leading provider of engineering, construction, and testing services for coaxial and fiber optic cable systems. With headquarters in Bothell, Washington, just outside of Seattle, we have over 20 locations throughout the Western Region of the US. Every day we work to improve the way information is shared and communicated through the execution of innovative technology projects.
At CableCom you’ll be joining a family where we are committed to supporting each other and building a collaborative team environment. As part of our team, your opportunities are endless. Join us where you can be a part of a team dedicated to providing world class customer service.
CableCom is seeking an Underground Foreman for our Fresno, California office with experience in the following: right of way infrastructure placement, system service point installation, pulling cable and fiber optic lines, placing conduit, running EMT, changing out underground and vault pedestals, digging trenches by hand or with excavator, running drop wires through commercial properties including conduits and ceiling, molding, and EMT. Must have ability to read cable TV prints and maps. Candidate must be capable of working in all temperatures, climates and weather conditions and be able to pass background and drug screen. Shift schedule is Monday through Friday. We offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package.
- Supervise all operations to ensure that all construction operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications. This includes ensuring that all employees working on project are working safely and productively.
- Provide on the job training for employees working under your direction on construction practices and methods to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Backhoe and horizontal drill experience around utilities.
- Assign daily production to in-house and subcontract laborers and crews.
- Requisition, assign and track materials needed for the daily operations.
- Perform daily field inspection of construction operations to ensure work is being completed in compliance with project specifications and monitor safe work practices.
- Resolve complaints with property owners in areas where our personnel are working.
- Review daily production reports, material usage sheets, keep track of work hours, complete and maintain accurate "as-built maps" for areas built.
- Reconcile all issued parts and materials on a daily basis to ensure accurate material usage counts.
- Verify submitted Daily Production Reports for accuracy and approve recorded production for billing purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a valid drivers license (class "C" minimum) or be eligible and willing to obtain the required license for the position (possibly class "B" - light commercial)
- Capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
- Willingness to work shifts as assigned, including daily overtime when necessary.
- Provide verifiable evidence of experience in CATV construction field and prior supervisory experience in construction or related field.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Able to perform the physical tasks required in this position for the entire assigned shift.
- Standing - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Walking - 4 to 6 hours daily
- Climbing - 0 to 2 hours daily
- Bending/Twisting - 0 to 2 hours daily
- Pushing/Pulling - 0 to 2 hours daily
- Repetitive Motion (grasping, manipulation) - 0 to 2 hours daily
- Lifting(weights up to 100 lbs.) - occasionally
- Lift & Carry (weights of 50 to 60 lbs.) - occasionally
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation (PTO)
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
*If you are interested in learning more about our organization, please visit our website www.cablecomllc.us *
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Posted: May 23, 2020