WestCare Careers in Fresno, California
Person in this position will be responsible for providing case management services including assessment of service needs, care, service planning, linkage and advocacy for clients enrolled in SUD treatment services. Essential Job Functions include those listed below.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assessment and periodic assessment of individual needs for case management services
- Assist clients in transitions between levels of care
- Development and periodic revision of case management plan that includes service activities
- Communication, coordination, referral, linkage and related activities
- Monitoring service delivery to ensure client access to necessary services
- Patient advocacy, linkages to physical and mental health care, transportation and retention in primary care
- Maintain client files according to company policy and contract requirements;
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of available community resources and act as liaison.
- Maintain relationships with referring and supporting agencies and represent the agency at various community meetings as requested;
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Work is primarily performed at a program site of in the field.;
- Local travel is required; and
- Some outdoor activities may be required.
- Occasional lifting of more than 10 pounds;
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching are performed in the normal course of the position; and
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, BUT exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee engaged in Category II tasks;
- Must be a LPHA or registered AOD counselor in good standing
- Two (2) years case management experience preferred
- Basic computer skills;
- Good documentation skills;
- Be able to multi-task; and
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion;
- Ability to work well in a team environment;
- Adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct, especially to standards governing confidentiality;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Must be culturally/linguistically sensitive to populations served;
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance from California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR);
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCare’s vehicle insurance is required;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Fresno County Credentialing; and
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification and an annual Tuberculosis test.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college with a degree in Psychology, Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling or a related field is preferred.
Job Location: Fresno - 2772 W Martin Luther King - Fresno, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $18.00 - $20.00