TEKsystems Embedded/Hardware Test Engineer in Fremont, California
* NO CORP to CORP*Description:
Hardware Test Engineer -
We are focuses on innovation through the reinvention of business models, products, and services. The technology employed will largely be conventional (cloud, deep learning and AI, networked devices, high performance compute, commodity sensors, embedded connected devices/IoT), although some effort will be forward-looking (e.g. Augmented Reality, etc.).
We are currently seeking a Hardware Test Engineer who will be responsible for fully testing products or systems to ensure proper functionality.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Testing all aspects of the product/system like function/component, system, performance, regression and service.
• Work with development team to identify and capture test cases, ensure version management.
• Properly document test cases and create effective and focused testing plans
• Setting up of test environments, designing test plans, developing test cases/scenarios/usage cases, and executing these cases.
• Providing feedback on usability and serviceability, trace the result to quality risk and report it to concerned people.
• Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
• Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
• Work closely with departments within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
• Provide detailed test specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
• Define clear goals for all aspects of a product test and develop steps for their proper execution
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Required Skill & Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, mechanical engineering preferred.
• 2+ years of engineering experience
• Experience in development test fixtures and testing
• An understanding of the product development life cycle as well as the business approach for products
• Analytical skills
• Decision making ability
• Attention to details
• Ability to work in a team as well as an individual
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain deadlines
Preferred Skill & Experience
• Master’s degree in engineering, Information Technology or related fields
• Five or more years of relevant experience in successfully planning and executing system tests.
• Project development and leadership skills are essential in planning and overseeing project tests
• Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
• Advanced understanding Experience with engineering, customer experience and design architecture
• Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
• Advanced knowledge of testing methodologies and when certain strategies are recommended
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with various operating systems and backend programming
• Experience managing and integrating test automation into various points in a deployment pipeline
• Knowledge of Code Coverage Tools and test frameworks
• Strong unit testing and reporting skills
• Experience working in diverse, cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment
• Energetic self-starter with strong moderation and communication skills
product testing, system testing, regression testing, write test cases, product development life cycle, prototyping, detail oriented, documentation, code knowledge, code coverage tools, testing frameworks, automation, automation testing, self motivated, independent thinker, innovative thinker, IoT, test development, backend programing, knowledge of various operating systems, knowledge of design architecture, security systems, Raspberry Pi, mechatronics, embedded system, c++ language
Top Skills Details:
Prototype experience-hands on
Documentation with attention to details
Attitude-willing to "wear many hats", innovative thinker, follow through on all details
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-More of a hands on type of person puts together devices with off the shelf equipment to test
-robotics or autonomous vehicle experience a plus
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.