HCA, Hospital Corporation of America EVS Technician in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA)is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Come join our family atSpotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC), a 126-bed acute facility, located in the beautiful city of Fredericksburg, known for its charm, family owned shops, and local restaurants. SRMC is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are endless!
/Our patients are our priority, but so areyou!/
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Environmental Services Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Specific Job Functions
- Perform environmental services tasks.
- Maintains assigned rooms/areas using aseptic procedures for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Uses back belts and uses safe lifting techniques at all times.
- Follows infection control procedures at all times using personal protective gear.
- Observes and reports any repairs needed for equipment, furniture, building and fixtures.
- Maintains uniforms appropriately and presents a neat and clean appearance.
- Responds positively and promptly to requests and maintains and promotes a team approach to total facility care.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning patients and their behavior as observed in work areas.
- Exhibits understanding of bio-hazardous materials/waste handling and disposal.
- Performs special projects as assigned including light maintenance tasks and monitoring of grounds for debris.
- Displays familiarity with all products and chemicals used to perform housekeeping duties.
- Uses or operates all equipment in a safe and secure manner and cleans and stores all equipment properly after use.
- Consistently displays professionalism in dealings with customers, staff and clinicians as observed by Supervisor. Pitches in to cover shortages within department.
Qualification Requirements: Education: NA Licensure: NA Certifications: NA Registrations: NA Experience: No prior housekeeping experience required.
_Other Skills and Abilities Required:_ 1. Ability to read, write and communicate in English 2. Ability to communicate by telephone for making and receiving calls. 3. Ability to use a pager and receive messages. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Environmental Services
Title: EVS Technician
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-20643