Aerotek Life Insurance Underwriter in Frederick, Maryland
REMOTE Life Underwriter
Location: REMOTE (COMPANY LOCATED IN FREDERICK MD)
A Life Underwriter is able to select risks profitable to the Company while promoting a competitive offer for the agent and equitable results for the applicant. Review, analyze and classify new business, change and reinstatement applications, and inquiries in a timely and accurate manner. Leverage experience to develop the trust of our broker/partners, teammates and support staff.
DAY TO DAY:
• Review, analyze and classify new business, change and reinstatement applications and inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
• Highly skilled in complex medical impairments and substandard risk assessments.
• Leverage experience to assist in the development of less experienced underwriters.
• Maintain positive relationships and demonstrate a high level of responsiveness with internal and external partners/customers.
• Be viewed as a leader and "Go To" person by teammates.
• Act as a referral underwriter for less experience underwriters, providing second signs and mentorship
• Support, utilize and advocate for new technologies.
• Maintain productivity and quality standards.
Top Skills Details:
8-15 yrs experience in Life Underwriting--impaired risk, medical cases experience, digital platform experience, brokerage business (Customer service skills dealing with the field)
S/BA degree or applicable experience with Industry coursework (LOMA, CLU, and/or ALU)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.