Campbell Soup Company Quality Technician D shift in Franklin, Wisconsin
Imagine ...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under supervision, the Quality Assurance Tech I (Lab Tech) performs analytic testing and process audit on product, packaging and packaged goods, to ensure compliance with established quality standards, food safety programs and customer specifications, and documents and communicates deviations and takes appropriate corrective action. All Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as actions that support team work, safety, efficiency, good housekeeping and GMP adherence are to be followed.
The ability to perform all the duties of the position and department is essential
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follow assigned QA duties and audit checklists. Approximately 75% of time will be in the lab conducting quality tests; 25% will be spent conducting audits and ensuring safe, clean and high quality conditions are adhered to in production.
• Timely and accurately monitor and test work-in-process, packaging materials, finished and packaged product, retention samples and finished inventory against specifications.
o Sensory evaluations of appearance, smell, taste and touch.
o Chemical and physical tests for color, texture, flavor, seal/re-seal, labels, as well as:
Analyze pH, seasoning/oil percentages and physical attributes.
Compute moisture and salt content using mathematical and chemical procedures.
Measure, weigh and test to ensure strength, firmness and dimensions meet specifications of product and/or packaging.
Analyze test results; compare results with standard tables or examples.
Verify allergen clean-ups.
o Document and update test results.
o Report any deviations to the appropriate department lead and/or management.
o Initiate, and/or monitor controls and/or corrective actions based on standard procedures.
• Timely and accurately audit plant processes to ensure product quality and food safety standards comply with company requirements. Document and communicate deviations following standard procedures.
• Provide technical resources to production teams in areas of product quality and food safety during on-going production, as well as in non-compliance situations.
• Initiate and maintain good communication/rapport with all internal and external customers, other departments, vendors and kosher or government representative to ensure program compliance.
• Represent Quality Assurance in cross-functional groups as assigned.
• Operate and maintain laboratory and equipment in accordance with good laboratory practices.
• Inventory and maintain laboratory supply inventory.
• Maintain and aid documentation for microbiological and water testing, HACCP, allergen clean-up, etc.
• Assist with customer complaint investigations.
• Recommend areas and potential solutions for improvement to appropriate departmental management to maintain a continuous improvement culture.
• May accompany pest control personnel or Rabbinical Supervisor on walk-around inspections.
• May assist in accounting for, and when requested, coordinating the activities of temporary employees and their compliance with all policies and processes.
• Arrive punctually on scheduled work days and be at the designated work area by start of shift to assure continuous work flow.
• Learn and be proficient in all department functions. Provide back-up for other positions as needed.
• Protect team members and company safety and security through reporting and stopping occurrences such as damage to product and/or property, theft, product tampering and questionable behavior
• Due to the variety of work and need to address the manufacturing and sanitation schedules, the employee will need to alter work hours, sometimes on short notice, to meet business needs.
EXAMPLES OF POWERED EQUIPMENT USED:
Laboratory balances, timers, Auto Titrator, moisture and gas analyzers, pH Meter, Agtron, Calipers, as well as computer terminal and keyboard, two-way radio, and packaging, pallet, label and taping equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma or GED plus 2+ years of college level science including laboratory courses from a two or four year college or university, or 3+years of related work experience in a Quality Assurance lab in a manufacturing environment. An Associates or Bachelors degree in the Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Food Science, Quality Assurance, etc.) is highly desired.
• Must possess effective communication and listening skills. Be able to clearly communicate problems in and malfunctions in the English language to co-workers, management and vendors.
• Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Able to write reports and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of coworkers, managers and vendors.
• Read, speak and understand the English language sufficient to interpret, communicate and complete instructions, Department related documents; to train other employees, and to communicate with management. Able to appropriately apply the Julian and US dating systems. Bilingual is a plus.
• Through prior education and / or hands on experience have knowledge, aptitude and understanding of :
• Production and processing concepts of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Basic knowledge and proficiency with standard laboratory machines and testing equipment.
• Computers and processing equipment, control log management. Familiar with MS Office Programs
• Basic knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) desirable.
• Possess intermediate math skills and formula knowledge. Able to calculate and apply all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, proportions and percentages.
• Able to troubleshoot and resolve non-compliant situations through interaction with manufacturing team members and management and to solve diverse practical and procedural problems and deal with a variety of variables within well-defined standards by choosing from workable alternatives.
• Able to work independently and/or within a team in a self directed, organized manner, competently and accurately completing work in a cost and time effective manner.
• Bilingual English / Spanish is a plus.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.