Prestige Healthcare Admissions Director in Frankenmuth, Michigan
Want more than just a job, looking for a career? MediLodge wants you!
We are currently hiring for Admissions Director!
MediLodge is a skilled nursing group that is looking for the best, most compassionate employees to join our team.
A career with MediLodge is a rewarding one where you can see the impact on residents and their family members.
We promote “growing our own and are very involved in our employees development, helping them to achieve their goals!
MediLodge offers Top Notch Benefit Packages to our Employees!
Student Loan Repayment Program
Opportunities for Advancement
Company Paid Life Insurance
Paid Sick Vacation Time
Company 401k Program
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Aflac and Colonial Ancillary Insurance Products
Help us make a difference:
Manages the facility inquiry and admission process and provides customers with facility-related information via, personal visits/assessments, presentations, facility tours and follow-up. Coordinates and implements effective sales and marketing programs with Admissions Team.
- Associate and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Communications field preferred.
- Two years equivalent experience in a sales/marketing position or Admissions Coordinator position in lieu of degree.
- Previous healthcare community relation’s experience preferred. *Experience
- One year of experience in a position requiring sales/marketing or customer service. A background in community involvement is preferred.
Nursing license preferred but not required Essential Functions:
Responds to inquiries from hospital discharge planners, families, and other referral sources. Manages the inquiry process professionally, timely and with appropriate follow-up. Manages the admission process by maintaining updated bed availability and facility services information. Conducts facility tours as necessary Effectively manages occupancy levels and census/premium mix enhancement.
- Makes outside sales calls to hospital discharge planners, medical, insurance, legal and financial professionals, and senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, and other community contacts. Develops and maintains relationships to advise referral sources of bed availability and new products and services. Maintains current database of existing and potential referral sources. Utilizes company’s sales practices and sales tracking tools.
- Spends at least 50% of time outside the facility on marketing/sales activity generating referrals and admissions.
- Participates in daily stand-up meetings to alert department heads and building staff of projected admissions, and to be made aware of bed changes, and upcoming discharges, Maintains a close working relationship with the Director of Nursing (DNS) and the Business Office Manager (BOM) to assure appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective admissions. Utilizes the 1-2-3 Admission Protocol to insure admission decisions are made in a timely manner., Communicates promptly with referral sources regarding admission decision. Communicates special needs for admission to appropriate staff
- Inputs daily referral sources and admissions data into the automated referral system.
- Follows up daily on all active and pending inquiries.
- Ensures that every admission is educated about and encouraged to sign up for the Alternative Dispute Resolution program, in states where the Company chooses to offer it.)
- Coordinates the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans; serves as a chairperson for weekly Marketing/Census Development meetings, monitors budgets and tracks results.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Federal and State regulations and reimbursement guidelines (Medicare and Medicaid). Assists with managed care referral process. May provide assistance with new employee orientation for the admission process.
- Maintains a database of medical contacts/community resources along with knowledge of industry trends and legislative/regulatory issues and communicates this information to facility staff and community contacts.
- Develops and implements special events and presentations targeted at community education, establishing and maintaining status for the facility as the expert on skilled nursing, specialty programs, and rehabilitation care in the community.
- Monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction with current and former patients, their families and referral sources using the Corporate Family Survey. Evaluates customer satisfaction with community sources and inquiries that were unable to admit. Shares results with the management team, Admissions Team , PI committee, and others as appropriate to develop action plans as needed.
- Keeps all patient information confidential
Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Knowledge of or ability to learn reimbursement programs.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with residents, their family members, referral sources and at all levels of the organization both orally and in written form.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Skilled at making presentations/public speaking.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and goal oriented. Demonstrates self confidence.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with multiple and varied people and organizations.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as admission responsibilities may dictate.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.